...in China! (...在中国!)

Friday, September 08, 2006

Great Walls N' Such.

Ha! Thought you were going to see some snazzy photos of me and or a garden gnome posing in front of that Great Wall here in China. Well not yet. 2 things are stopping that from happening currently. 1) I haven't made it to the Great Wall yet. Interesting sidenote: One of the students that met me at the airport and helped me out has lived here (in Beijing) all his life and has never seen it. I am sure it is like Chicagoans that have never been to the top of the Sears Tower or been to a Cubs game. 2) Is the other great wall here in China and that is the Great Firewall. I have yet to figure a way of posting or uploading photos to Snapfish, Flickr or Yahoo Photos. As soon as I do I am sure the will be a glut of photos to look at. Worse case scenario I won't post any, and I'll give everybody one of those awesome boring ass Vacation Slideshows. Those are fun right? (There will be beer!) Those are fun right? That's what I thought.

I start teaching my grad students this coming Monday. (11.09.2006) And then my undergrads on the following Monday. (18.09.2006) I have only a total of 12 hours of teaching. None of which is on Wednesdays. In fact I have enrolled in 20 hours of Chinese language courses. 4 hours per day. (Less six that are at the same time as my English classes) So I teach 12 hours of English, and attend 14 hours of Chinese. Sweet deal eah?

1 Comments:

  • It sounds like China is not too bad and that you are starting to get the hang of everything. Oh, and that crap about you not being able to figure out the pictures is bull***. You are a computer geek and if my mom can figure it out...so can you!!

    Oh...by the way...I've lived here for almost 10 years and I have never been to the top of the Hancock or Sears Tower. Freaky...

    Miss you already... Cyn

    By Blogger Cyn, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home