...in China! (...在中国!)

Friday, September 22, 2006

Chinese Apples, it's kinda about China...

Dear Apple Support and/or Steve,
I bought a new white MacBook at the Chicago's Michigan Ave store the week it was released. On Sept 2, I moved to China for a year long contract to teach English at a local university. The very day I got here my super drive failed. After some searching I found an apple certified repair location in the Beijing suburb of Chao Yang. There my MacBook has been sitting, for nearly 2+ weeks, as it awaits a replacement super drive, that has yet to even ship from it's origin. I know the MacBook is a very popular item in high demand, but to not have enough parts for basic repairs is somewhat irksome. I suspect this would take less than 24 hours in the states, perhaps only an hour or two at the Chicago Apple Store. I miss my Mac. I hate using this awful Lenovo PC, but I have no choice currently. I need to prepare for my students and their needs. This is all made more complex and difficult by the fact that English international support is, a bit lacking. I had to search the Apple.com.cn support site to find a repair location. Another difficult task since I'm only a being beginner student in the Chinese language.

I am sorry to complain like this. But what's taking so long? Sadly I suspect that the answer is the following:
A) Part has to be made, probably here in Asia.
B) Part is shipped to Apple, USA probably.
C) Part is shipped to Authorized repair locations, back to Asia.

Can there be a better way of handling international repairs? Surely!!! Ideas:
A) Multilingual International Support.
B) International distribution of repair parts.
C) International contact numbers on your website that are accurate. (800 810 2323 # Within China).
D) Email Support. (ie, a place to send emails like this.)

Thank you kindly for listening to this rant. Keep making wonderful products.
-Mitch

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home