...in China! (...在中国!)

Friday, September 22, 2006

Beijing Kaoya and Mooncakes...

Beijing Kaoya. Something that every Beijing traveler will likely try. It is also know as Peking Duck. I had it for the first time last night. It was not bad. A hint on the dry side. But the sides that go into the presentation made up for it. Eating Peking duck is a straight forward enough task to anyone that has ever had a fajita. Wrapper + meat + sauce + vegetables. Roll up. Eat. Evening beverage was Tsing Tao Pi Jiu (beer). (Interestingly available in cold and non-cold states. I recommend cold!)Over all I rate the food as pretty yummy. The food was good, the company made the evening! (Thanks "Amy"!)

Wednesday evening I had mooncakes for the first time. These are small (Hostess Ding-Dong sized) dessert type cakes. My company and I had 3. The first 2 were good. The last was, ODD. The first was Cheese and Chestnut. Not bad! The second was Wine and Plum. Good! The last was Beef and Tea. Huh? Did you say Beef and tea flavored mooncake? Yes, yes I did. This was the one that was not to my liking. Don't get me wrong, I like beef, tea and cake. When they are separated. But together? Hmmm. Just too odd for my western palate. Again, food was good, but the company made the evening! (Thanks Chan!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home