...in China! (...在中国!)

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hot Pot...

Sunday night to celebrate a friends birthday we went to a nearby restaurant and had a famous Beijing dish. It is cold Hot Pot. It was quite yummy. Much better than the last hot pot I had. This time we had Lamp, Beef, Shrimp (More like huge ass prawns!) Vegetables and rice noodles. I opted for the spicy water. Imagine making a tea out of chili peppers and then using that water to cook meats and vegetables. The process is not entirely unlike Fondue, without the chocolate and the cheese. It was all very good and very well priced. (80RMB or $10) Sadly I don't recall the name of the restaurant. Some friends and I are going there tomorrow night to celebrate one of them taking the TOEFL. Perhaps in a few weeks we can do it again for the results, though we'll do Steak on that occasion.

Still having a few western cravings. I had a bowl of frosted flakes on Saturday. I must say that was quite wonderful. I just hung around the apartment watching movies etc. I watched "V for Vendetta" and the first 5 episodes of the newest season of Lost. So I feel a little caught up on the western world. I've not been able to track down Smallville or BSG yet. Just have to be patient. It will hopefully be easier with my switch to DSL in the coming week. And hopefully there will be less need for proxies!

Chinese lessons are going well. I'm told my pronunciation is getting better. I am still having problems here and there. Listening is a bit difficult at times. The clips are too long and too fast. They start us out on clips running at native speeds. No slowed down dialogs for us! Sink or Swim baby!

All else is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home